I think I may be one of the "internet generation" to start a blog. Until just recently, I wasn't even exactly sure what blogging was. When an auntie of mine informed me a couple of weeks ago as to what a blog was and given the fact that writing has always been one of my favourite hobbies I figured "Why Not?" I spent a week or two pondering as to what I wanted to blog about and unable to decide on just one particular topic or theme I figured I would write about anything at any particular time that I find interesting or compelled to write about. I very well be the only one who ever reads it anyway.

Dream a Little Dream.....

I was on the phone with my Mom earlier this evening and x while chatting we somehow got on the subject of dreams, as in the ones we have while asleep. She told me two different stories about the subject. One sent shivers down my spine, the other I found so touching tears sprung to my eyes.
My little brother's father recently passed away this past May. One of his sisters followed later on this year and passed just last week. Three days before passing she told one of her children about a dream she had the night before. In her dream she saw her late brother who had passed just two months prior. She said in the dream he looked wonderful and was wearing a beige suit. His first words to her were something along the lines of "I am angry at you." After inquiring as to why, he simply replied, "Because your wasting your life." With that, she woke up. The fact that three days later she had a major stroke and died combined with the close timing of the two deaths gave me such an eerie feeling about it. My arms and legs were literally covered with bumps while my Mom was telling me about it.
The second dream was so sweet and romantic it choked me up. Both my grandparents on my Mom's side died before I was born. My Grandma Shirley died from Multiple Sclerosis in 1964 when my Mom was only nine. She also left behind two other young daughters aged 13 and 16 as well as a loving husband who adored her, my Grandpa George. He passed away almost 17 years later in January of 1981. I have always believed in my heart that he is my guardian angel because the day he passed away happened to be the same day my Mom found out she was pregnant with me. The circle of life. As a matter of fact, that same year both my mom's two sisters became mothers for the first time. Two weeks before he died he told my Mom about a dream he had about my Grandma. He dreamed that he saw her and all she said to him was something along the lines of, "I am looking forward to being with you again." My Mom said Grandpa always believed that he would reunite with my Grandma in the afterlife.r I think that was probably one of the most romantic thing I had ever heard because after hearing about that dream, I don't have a shred of doubt that they were reunited after my Grandpa passed away. I also believe with all my heart that they were there watching over all us grandchildren. I never thought about it until now but I had a couple really close calls when I was a small child and almost lost my life. I don't believe in coincidences and that everything really does when he did so that he could look over and protect us with my Grandma at his side? happen for a reason. Could it be that my Grandpa passed away when he did so that he would be able to protect us grandchildren with my Grandma? In my heart, the answer to this is, "Of course."